Revised 2023 Book & Printable Versions Now Available!
After publishing my TRAVEL 50 STATES JOURNAL for Kids in August of 2021, this year I’ve released two updates to this product:
My new Travel 50 States Journal for Kids in also available in a Digital PDF PRINTABLE format. This version can now be purchased directly through my website, and is also available from my Etsy store. This digital version is an instant download. You will receive an email with the link to download to your home computer, and print the pages from a home printer or local print shop, allowing you to personalize the journal to meet your needs.
This cute, interactive journal for ages 5+ was inspired by my own family’s travels across the United States. As a passionate educator and home school mom, I am always seeking out resources to engage and interest children while traveling! The Travel 50 States Journal for Kids offers many opportunities to color, draw, and write about their travel experiences. My hope is to inspire a new generation of travelers!
Here is a preview of the updated layout.
Sometimes the hardest part about capturing your memories is a looming blank space! I’ve included a page with seventeen journal prompt questions for ideas and inspiration.
ALL ABOUT ME:
Pages are designed for writing OR drawing. Prompts are provided for filling in name, home state, traveling companions, traveling hopes and aspirations.
UNITED STATES CHECKLIST:
A US map and checklist can be colored in on both the map, and the star next to each state.
FAMOUS UNITED STATES LANDMARKS:
Color or circle all the landmarks that have been visited.
NATIONAL PARKS AND JUNIOR RANGER CHECKLIST:
A checklist of the major National Parks is included. Options include coloring a TREE for parks visited, and coloring a BADGE where Junior Ranger books were completed. (Did you know that you and your children can earn Ranger badges from most National and State Parks, National Monuments, and National Forests? Find out more HERE.)
TWO-PAGE LAYOUT PER STATE:
There’s a lot of information packed into each state page!
State name, outline of state and flag, state rating 1-5 stars, dates of visit, state number. (Is this the 2nd/50 states that you’ve visited, or the 42nd?). Accommodations, methods of travels, landscapes observed, traveling companions, and a weather wheel is included. Boxes to write or draw about a favorite meal, something funny that happened, a favorite attraction, and words to describe feelings on this particular trip. Space for pasting a photo, stamps, or artwork is also available for each state.
One last trip destination that we couldn’t leave out – our nation’s Capital!
LINED AND UNLINED PAGES:
Extra space to write or draw!
Journals are 6 x 9, the perfect size to carry with you in your backpack or suitcase.
The TRAVEL 50 STATES JOURNAL for Kids features:
- 121 pages
- 6” X 9” convenient travel size
- List of journal prompts ideas to encourage personalization.
- All About Me Pages
- USA travel map and checklist
- Famous United States Landmarks
- National Parks & Junior Ranger Badge Checklist
- Two page layout per state + Washington D.C.
- State outlines and flags for each state
- 1 to 5 star rating per state.
- Route mapping from home state to travel destination.
- Recording of weather conditions, accommodation types, modes of travel, and sights observed.
- Guided writing prompts, including travel companions, funny situations, and favorite attractions.
- Blank spaces to allow creativity in the forms of writing, drawing, or even adding stickers or stamps.
- Lined pages at the end of the book for capturing additional vacation notes and pictures.
- Choice of Paperback, Coil Bound, and Digital PDF Printable.